Sunday, October 18, 2009

Welcome to my blog!

Ok, this is my first post, and it's going to be brief.  Why?  It's 8:15pm, I just got home from my weekend job, and I've got 2 tests tomorrow that I need to study for!
Here's the scoop:  I started my second term of Respiratory Therapy school about 5 weeks ago, which means I have a grand total of 10 days of clinical experience under my belt (WooHoo!).  I go to clinic (work at a big hospital) 2 days a week, on Weds & Thurs.  Becoming a Respiratory Therapist (RT) is fun, challenging, and quite often stressful!  School is serious business, it's hard work and they keep you on your toes; the pace is fast and just missing one class session can really put you behind the curve.  Clinic is a lot of fun; I learn every day I'm there, every day is different from the last.  I've helped 2 year olds, 98 year olds, and everything in between.  I can be administering a nebulizer treatment one moment, and performing CPR in the Emergency Room the next, there's no way of knowing what's going to happen.
Like I said, I've gotta keep this one short.  I'll keep the updates coming frequently, so check back often!

No comments:

Post a Comment